Hello everyone, this is not an article about some Football Manager results, set pieces or anything else. I just only want to invite you to Football Manager Slack Community.
FM Samo wrote about it in article on his blog, so you can read it there. But I like the idea and the way how it goes so far and decided to write about it also there some words and info.
FM Samo: “It’s not Twitter or Facebook. It’s not a website or a blog. It’s not a forum. It’s not YouTube. It’s not even the next Tifo project…
It’s kind of a mixture of all of them.
I’ve started a Slack community for the FM Community.”
What you can do? What’s all about? #slack
- You can organize your team conversations in open channels. Make a channel for a project, a topic, a team, or anything—everyone has a transparent view of all that’s going on.
- For sensitive information, create private channels and invite a few team members.
- Send messages directly to another person or to a small group of people for more focused conversations.
- Take a conversation from typing to face-to-face by starting a voice or video call in any Channel or Direct Message.
- Make one-on-one or group calls right from Slack without needing to open another app or share invite links.
- Not just your messages, but all your files, images, PDFs, documents, and spreadsheets can be dropped right into Slack and shared with anyone you want.
- Add comments, star for later reference, and it’s all completely searchable.
- If you use any services like Google Drive, Dropbox, or Box, just paste the link and that document is immediately in sync and searchable too.
- You can add many apps, you can connect your Twitter account for example and many more.
You can use it thanks to apps for iOS, Android and Windows desktop app as well. And you’re not limited by 140 characters.
You can organize channels in your way, you can star some channels and you will have them at the top of the sidebar as your favorite one.
Some members of Football Manager Community already joined Slack and created their channels and started the conversations of course. There channels dedicated to tactics, players, Lower League Management, recommend reading/viewing and more.
You can share your work here, you can ask for some tips or you can just only chat with other members about today’s breakfast.
When you receive the invite, download the Slack app for iPhone or Android, download the desktop app, or just head to footballmanagerslack.slack.com and sign in.And if you’re already in it you can invite anyone you know by yourself by the option in the drop down menu of the site.
You can also use this LINK where you will write your e-maill adress.